Our well established, highly regarded and successful client is looking for a full time office-based Account Manager. This brand new position will involve contacting/managing a defined number of existing customer accounts (with an average order value ranging from £150-£10,000 for each account).
You will be tasked with developing additional organic and cross-sell sales growth by your own efforts, whilst account managing regular client business. You will be expected to spend 10-15% of your time searching for new business to support the Sales Team, as well as managing the company’s existing customers for the remainder.
You must possess an excellent ‘can-do’ attitude, have a hunger to develop your career with long-term prospects and have the ability to generate new business leads, so as to continue the exceptional growth experienced over the last few years.
Full product training will be given, however a minimum of 2 years’ sales and/or account management experience is essential (with an understanding of manufacturing, distribution and supply chain an advantage).
Our client is looking for an experienced Account Manager who comes, ideally, from a technical background and, better still, has a chemistry degree.
Duties of the role will include:
- Servicing existing customers’ orders whilst searching for new sales opportunities
- Creating/maintaining/updating CRM database with customers’ account information
- Ensuring timely follow-up of all customer fulfilment issues
- Providing holiday cover back-up on accounts when sales reps are on vacation
- Monitoring competitors’ products/services and upward reporting observed market-place trends
- Reporting to the Commercial Director on a weekly basis
- Assisting/supporting colleagues with handling customers’ needs when required
- Assisting with sales support tasks, such as pre-qualifying sales leads
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sales and/or account management role
- Previous technical experience and with a chemistry degree (a distinctive advantage)
- A confident communicator with an outgoing, friendly personality
- Ability to build strong personal relationships (both internally and with customers)
- An enthusiastic, driven, motivated, positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to manage / prioritise your own workload
- A willingness to learn with enthusiastic energy and a passion for making a difference