This is a permanent, full-time position.
Our client, who has been involved in the interior design industry for over 50 years, is looking to recruit an Assembly & Warehouse Technician. Responsibilities will involve packing and despatching manufactured goods as well as creating frames and ensuring goods are packed in a good condition to avoid damage. You will also be responsible for checking and receiving in goods, ensuring damages are pointed out and signed for as “damaged” and reported to the Production Manager.
Duties of the role will include:
- Assembling goods in accordance to instructions/guidance given (and matching customers’ expectations)
- Packing goods as per the Manual of Process and Systems
- Despatching and booking in goods
- Maintaining health and safety in the working area
- Ensuring all machinery and tooling is kept in good condition and serviced weekly
- Continuous improvement of the process
- Problem-solving skills
- Being meticulous and precise at all times
- Being part of a blameless culture, focused on improvement
- Helping/assisting colleagues as part of a team
- Accepting there is always room for improvement
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work without supervision
- Excellent time management/organisational skills