This is full time, permanent position.
Our client, a fast growing technical distributor based on the outskirts of Marlow, is seeking an Assistant Category Manager to join their team. Responsibilities will be to provide both category management support and financial administrative support to the commercial team whilst managing a small number of categories, achieving sales, net margin and rebate budgets.
Duties of the role will include:
- Providing administrative support to the wider commercial team
- Calculating financial support due from suppliers across the wider commercial team, following purchases, sales or marketing activity and raising financial claims to suppliers in an accurate and timely manner for all monies owed, including margin support and marketing funding
- Maintaining the “net margin” database (Excel) from information provided by the category team and/or suppliers and to use to produce daily reporting
- Briefing POS and promotional changes to different departments on behalf of the wider commercial team
- Selecting/negotiating comprehensive, compelling ranges and managing the day-to-day business of a small number of categories, in store and online, ensuring sales, net margin and rebates are achieved, re-negotiating cost prices and margin support as required
- Previous experience in a finance role or a retail administration role (an advantage)
- Excellent attention to detail (accuracy a must)
- Highly numerate with a methodical approach to work
- Team player who is self-motivated, organised and has the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent relationship building skills – maintaining good working relationships with key contacts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups) essential
- Confident and assertive