This is a full-time, permanent position.
Our client, a fast growing technical distributor based on the outskirts of Marlow, is looking to recruit a Category Manager to achieve sales, net margin and rebate targets by delivering a compelling customer proposition, both online and in-store.
Duties of the role will include:
- Managing the day-to-day business of your categories, ensuring sales, net margin and rebates are achieved, negotiating cost prices and margin support as required
- Selecting, sourcing and negotiating comprehensive, compelling ranges which deliver competitive advantage
- Identifying, negotiating and delivering incremental revenue, including additional funding for promotional activity and rebates
- Carrying out daily competitor checks, stores and online
- Ensuring POS and promotional changes are briefed in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining a keen awareness of the market at all times, anticipating product, price and new technology trends and seeking new opportunities to maintain a competitive edge
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a retail commercial role (essential)
- Confident and assertive in decision making
- A team player who is self-motivated, organised and has the ability to deliver to tight deadlines whilst multi-tasking
- Highly numerate with a methodical approach to work
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent relationship building skills – realising the value of maintaining good working relationships with key contacts
- Excellent computer skills - advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint