This is a full-time, permanent position.
Our client, a fast growing technical distributor based on the outskirts of Marlow, is looking to recruit a Head of Category to define the category trading strategy needed to support the delivery of the company budget in your area. This role will also involve creating and executing compelling customer propositions across your category, both online and instore, to achieve sales, net margin and rebate targets.
Duties of the role will include:
- Responsibility for all key supplier negotiations with your suppliers, including headline terms and conditions
- Selecting, sourcing and negotiating comprehensive, compelling range of products to support your category strategy
- Creating a promotional plan for your category, brief POS and promotional changes to deliver category execution line and instore
- Measuring performance daily, taking action where required to ensure sales, net margin and rebates are achieved, re-negotiating cost prices and margin support as required
- Carrying out daily competitor checks, stores and online for your category
- Identifying, negotiating and delivering incremental revenue, including additional funding for promotional activity and rebates
- Identifying and developing new and innovative business ideas and product opportunities
- Developing and maintaining relationships across the business, including stock merchandising, the digital team, marketing, finance, store operations, including regular branch visits
- Managing a small team supporting you in the delivery of your objectives
- A strong buyer with category management experience (minimum 10 years’ experience in a head office retail environment, combined with a proven track record)
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is self-motivated, organised and has the ability to multitask and deliver to tight deadlines and has a daily drive to win!
- Strong computer skills, including an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint (essential)
- Highly numerate with a methodical approach to work
- Excellent relationship building skills, realising the value of maintaining good working relationships with key contacts
- Confident and assertive in decision making, both working alone and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills